Last year's draft was unique because of the pandemic. This year things look a little bit better but still without the traditional combine in Indianapolis and the chance for the teams to properly examine the health of the prospects, there will be many unknowns in the process. NFL teams have to rely on tape and information before they make their picks. The speculation is off the roof as always but all signs point that for the third time in history Quarterbacks will be selected with the first three picks.
Note: I am not making any trades although there will be plenty on draft day.
- JACKSONSVILLE JAGUARS – TREVOR LAWRENCE, QB, CLEMSON
Lawrence is a generational talent and often compared to Andrew Luck. This is a no-brainer for the Jags.
- NEW YORK JETS – ZACH WILSON, QB, BYU
They traded Sam Darnold in order to draft his successor, hoping that Wilson would fare much better than the USC product.
- SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS – MAC JONES, QB, ALABAMA
There is a reason they mortgaged their future in the trade with the Dolphins and rumours are the reason is Bama's signal caller.
- ATLANTA FALCONS – KYLE PITTS, TE, FLORIDA
Atlanta is financially committed to Matt Ryan for the next two years so they give him a unique weapon in the ultra-talented Pitts.
- CINCINNATI BENGALS – PENEI SEWELL, OT, OREGON
They need to protect Burrow better after what happened last year and Sewell is considered the best OL prospect in a class deep in linemen.
- MIAMI DOLPHINS – JA' MAR CHASE, WR, LSU
Tua needs more weapons and Chase was by far the best wide-out in 2019 before opting out last year. Solid choice for the Fins.
- DETROIT LIONS – DeVONTA SMITH, WR, ALABAMA
Detroit is dire need of a WR1 and Smith can be the answer to their problems. He is an excellent route- runner and a proven winner.
- CAROLINA PANTHERS – RASHAWN SLATER, OL, NORTHWESTERN
They traded for Darnold and seem to believe in the former Jets's pick. They can protect him better with the impressive Slater who opted out last year.
- DENVER BRONCOS – JUSTIN FIELDS, QB, OHIO STATE
Lock has confused the Broncos with his uneven play. Fields is very talented and can develop as the long-term answer in the most crucial position.
- DALLAS COWBOYS – PATRICK SURTAIN JR., CB, ALABAMA
Their defence was atrocious last year and they need to upgrade multiple spots. Surtain Jr. is considered as the shutdown corner of this draft.
- NEW YORK GIANTS – AZEEZ OJULARI, OLB, GEORGIA
Big Blue needs to fix the defence and adding a relentless pass-rusher is a very good first step.
- PHILADELPHIA EAGLES– JAYLEN WADDLE, WR, ALABAMA
Finally the angry Eagles' fan base sees their team draft a player who can instantly make a big difference.
- LOS ANGELES CHARGERS – CHRISTIAN DARRISAW, OL, VIRGINIA TECH
OL is an area of need and Darrisaw can help protect Justin Herbert and also contribute in the running game.
- MINNESOTA VIKINGS – ALIJAH VERA, TUCKER, OL, USC
They upgraded their defense in free agency, time to do the same for their offensive line. Vera – Tucker can play tackle and guard.
- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – MICAH PARSONS, LB, PENN STATE
They could select Trey Lance here (if he is not gone in some trade) but Parsons is a fast and rangy LB, the type of player Bill Bellichick loves.
- ARIZONA CARDINALS – CALEB FARLEY, CB, VIRGINIA TECH
Farley was considered the best corner in the class but had to have surgery. The Cardinals lost Patrick Peterson and they need a capable replacement.
- LAS VEGAS RAIDERS – TEVEN JENKINS, OL, OKLAHOMA STATE
They dismantled their offensive line and need to build a new one. Jenkins is a good player to start.
- MIAMI DOLPHINS – KWITY PAYE, DL, MICHIGAN
After they get the WR they coveted the Dolphins can help the defensive side with a disruptive high – motor player.
- WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM – ZAVEN COLLINS, LB, TULSA
Usually players form Tulsa aren't drafted that high, but Collins is a special talent with a high ceiling.
- CHICAGO BEARS – TREY LANCE, QB, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
We don't do trades here and the Bears are happy to find their next QB who can learn for a year behind Andy Dalton.
- INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – SAMUEL COSMI, OT, TEXAS
Antony Castonzo retired and the Colts must find their next left tackle. Cosmi is strong and athletic.
- TENNESSEE TITANS – RASHOD BATEMAN, WR, MINNESOTA
They have several needs but WR should be a priority. Bateman can start right away in the slot.
- NEW YORK JETS – GREG NEWSOME II, CB, NORTHWESTERN
They took their future QB with the second pick, time to fix the secondary this time with a really solid player.
- PITTSBURGH STEELERS – ALEX LEATHERWOOD, OL, ALABAMA
Their vaunted OL needs rebuilding after they lost several players in free agency. The massive Bama tackle could anchor one of the tackle spots for years to come.
- JACKSONSVILLE JAGUARS – TREVON MOEHRING, S, TCU
Moehring is the best safety in the class and will upgrade Jaguars' secondary from day 1.
- CLEVELAND BROWNS – JAELAN PHILIPS, OLB, MIAMI
Philips did not play in 2020 but his 2019 is excellent. He is strong, fast and explosive.
- BALTIMORE RAVENS – JAYSON OWEH, OLB, PENN STATE
Ravens need help on the edge and Oweh is a bit raw but has high upside as a pass rusher.
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – KADARIUS TONEY, WR, FLORIDA
They lost Sanders in free agency and need an explosive player to pair with Michael Thomas.
- GREEN BAY PACKERS – JAMN DAVIS, LB, KENTUCKY
Davis is an excellent prospect who can cover from sideline to sideline and fills a need for the Pack. But logic doesn' t always apply with Brian Guttenkunst as demonstrated last year.
- BUFFALO BILLS – ASANTE SANUEL JR., CB, FLORIDA STATE
They don't have many areas of need but they would like to find a solid corner opposite White.
- KANSAS CITY CHIEFS– JALEN MAYFIELD, OL, MICHIGAN
After releasing both their starting tackles, the AFC champs will try to find their replacements in the draft.
- TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS – CHRISTIAN BARMORE, DL, ALABAMA
They have the best roster in the NFL and not many holes. Barmore can take over from Suh next year.