Theo's Final Mock Draft
We are less than a week away from the big day and the rumors around the NFL are spreading like wildfire. It' s completely normal this time of year to hear every possible and impossible scenario as teams are trying to cover their tracks and intentions and agents vying to promote their agendas.
The conventional wisdom is that the Arizona Cardinals will pick Kyler Murray with the first pick overall and trade Josh Rosen to some QB-starved team (Washington anybody?). Or they will trade the first pick to another team that values Murray as THE guy.
If any of these scenarios happen it will set a chain reaction in the draft and many surprises will follow.
Without further ado, here is the 3.0 version of my mock drafts for 2019 and the final one.
Disclaimer: I will not make assumptions for any trades and I will not alter the draft order beforehand. But be assured that there will be much activity on Draft Day.
1. ARIZONA CARDINALS – KYLER MURRAY, QB, Oklahoma
The new HC loves Murray's skills and he believes that the Heisman Trophy winner is the best to run his scheme.
2. SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS – NICK BOSA, DE, Ohio State
The 49ers are very happy to land the best player in the draft and pair him with Dee Ford.
3. NEW YORK JETS – JOSH ALLEN, OLB, Kentucky
An explosive pass rusher that will upgrade their game instantly and bolster their defense.
4. OAKLAND RAIDERS – QUINNEN WILLIAMS, DE, Alabama
A real beast is the middle who will fill a huge need for Jon Gruden for years to come.
5. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS – DEVIN WHITE, LB, LSU
He is by far the best inside LB and will patrol the middle of the field.
6. NEW YORK GIANTS – ED OLIVER, DT, Houston
The new version of Aaron Donald will fill a need and solidify the interior. The Giants are not sold on Haskins and they can select a QB at no 17.
7. JACKSONSVILLE JAGUARS – JAWANN TAYLOR, OT, Florida
The Florida product will be an upgrade for a shaky OL and help protect Nick Foles.
8. DETROIT LIONS – MONTEZ SWEAT, OLB, Miss. State
Sweat had an impressive combine and the Lions need a pass rusher to pair with Flowers.
9. BUFFALO BILLS – CODY FORD, OT, Oclahoma
They need to protect Josh Allen better and Ford is a massive tackle who will help them from Day 1.
10. DENVER BRONCOS – DREW LOCK, QB, Missouri
The word is that Elway believes Lock is the answer in Broncos' QB worries and he can be groomed for a year under Flacco.
11. CINCINNATI BENGALS, RASHAN GARY, DT, Michigan
He is very disruptive and had an excellent combine. He is better than his Michigan numbers show.
12. GREEN BAY PACKERS – CLELIN FERRELL, DE, Clemson
They addressed their huge need for pass rush in FA but there is little depth behind the Smiths and Ferrell is the BPA (best player available).
13. MIAMI DOLPHINS – DWAYNE HASKINS, QB, Ohio State
They look for their future QB and Haskins can learn for a year under the great tutor Fitzpatrick.
14. ATLANTA FALCONS – GREG LITTLE, OT, Ole Miss
They need help in the trenches and his huge frame will make him a blue chip pick.
15. WASHINGTON REDSKINS –D.K. METCALF, WR, Ole Miss
If they trade for Rosen, Metcalf who was the most impressive WR prospect in the Combine has all the tools to become a reliable primary option.
16. CAROLINA PANTHERS – BRIAN BURNS, OLB, Florida State
They need outside pass rush and Burns has great potential.
17 NEW YORK GIANTS, DANIEL JONES, QB, Duke
They find Eli's heir with the pick they got from Cleveland for the OBJ trade.
18. MINNESOTA VIKINGS, JONAH WILLIAMS, OT, Alabama
Many teams are raving about the Bama product. He will anchor the line and protect Cousins.
19. TENNESSEE TITANS, T.J. HOCKENSON TE, Iowa
He is a special talent who can do everyhting.
20. PITTSBURGH STEELERS, GREEDY WILLIAMS, CB, LSU
He is considered the best corner in the draft and will be an instant upgrade in their defense.
21. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, DEIONTE THOMPSON, S, Alabama
They need a replacement for Earl Thomas and they can find him here. Keep in mind that they almost surely trade down since they only have 4 picks in the draft.
22. BALTIMORE RAVENS, A.J. BROWN, WR, Ole Miss
They need to add weapons for Lamar Jackson and the Ole Miss product is an excellent option.
23. HOUSTON TEXANS, ANDRE DILLARD, OT, Washington
They must protect Watson better and the Huskies alum is a clear upgrade in the OL.
24. OAKLAND RAIDERS, CHRISTIAN WILKINS, DT, Clemson
His huge frame will anchor the middle of their DL for years to come.
25. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, DEANDRE BAKER, CB, Georgia
They need an instant upgrade so they draft a talented guy to play the one side of the field.
26. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS, MARQUISE BROWN, WR, Oclahoma
He is super fast and will give Luck a deep threat.
27. OAKLAND RAIDERS, JOSH JACOBS, RB, Alabama
They have huge needs and RB is one of them so they get the best back in the draft.
28. LA CHARGERS, DEXTER LAWRENCE, DT, Clemson
They must play the run better and Lawrence will be a steady presence for years to come.
29. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS, DRE'MONT JONES, DT. Ohio State
They lost good linemen in free agency and they will fill the void with a tenacious rusher.
30. GREEN BAY PACKERS, NOAH FANT, TE, Iowa
Fant is an excellent prospect who can learn from Graham and also help Aaron Rodgers.
31. LA RAMS, GARRETT BRADBURRY, C/G, NC State
They lost crucial parts of the OL and Bradburry can really fill a void.
32. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS, IRV SMITH Jr., Alabama
After Gronk retired they need a new target in the middle and the acquisition of Seferian – Jenkins is not enough.