This is our third and final mock for the 2018 NFL Draft. After spending hours reading various experts this is how I believe things will unfold Thursday night.
Important notice: There WILL be trades. Many of them probably. Teams that are looking for their quarterbacks of the future will try trading up to get them. I can't predict who and at what number, so i'm going with the original draft order and wait and see what will happen.
1. CLEVELAND BROWNS – SAM DARNOLD, QB, USC
In all my mock drafts I have Darnold as the No1 pick. The Browns are rumored that they go back and forth between the USC product, Allen & Mayfield lately, but I believe that they will ultimately select Darnold.
2. NEW YORK GIANTS – SAQUON BARKLEY, RB, Penn St.
It's tempting to find Eli's heir in this loaded QB class but the Giants choose to pick Barkley who is considered the best prospect in the draft.
3. NEW YORK JETS – BAKER MAYFIELD, QB, Oklahoma
Gang green needs a franchise QB who may sit one year and adapt to the life in the NFL. Mayfield has intangibles and brings a winning attitude along with a colourful personality.
4. CLEVELAND BROWNS – BRADLEY CHUBB, DE, North Carolina St.
They would love to get Barkley and they still may if the Giants trade down or decide to go the QB path. In this case though they get the best edge rusher and pair him with Myles Garrett. Something HC Hue Jackson has dreamed apparently…
5. DENVER BRONCOS – JOSH ROSEN, QB, UCLA
They have Keenum but he is not the long-term solution. With Rosen they get the most pro ready of the 2018 class and their next franchise QB.
6. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – QUENTON NELSON, OG, Notre Dame
Many holes to fill in Indy and Nelson is the best OL in the draft who will be a Day 1 starter.
7. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS – DERWIN JAMES, S, FSU
James can contribute right away. Excellent player who patrols the middle of the field.
8. CHICAGO BEARS – DENZEL WARD, CB, Ohio St.
They need an upgrade in the pass defense and Ward is the the best corner of this class.
9. SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS – MINKAH FITZPATRICK, S, Alabama
An outstanding player who will have a long and eventful career in the league.
10. OAKLAND RAIDERS – ROQUAN SMITH, ILB, Georgia
Smith is a tackling machine who can contribute in the running game and go after the passer.
11. MIAMI DOLPHINS – VITA VEA, DT, Washington
Vea is a beast and will start immediately taking the place of the departed Ndamukong Suh.
12. BUFFALO BILLS – JOSH ALLEN, QB, Wyoming
They take the QB with the most upside and let him learn a year or two behind McCarron.
13. WASHINGTON REDSKINS – DA'RON PAYNE, DT, Alabama
He can be an anchor in the defensive line and help stopping the run and rushing the passer.
14. GREEN BAY PACKERS – TREMAINE EDMUNDS, LB, Virginia Tech
They need pass rusher and corner. If Edmunds with his high motor and tremendous upside falls to them they will grab him.
15. ARIZONA CARDINALS – CALVIN RIDLEY, WR, Alabama
Arguably the best receiver in the draft he will fill a position of need in the desert.
16. BALTIMORE RAVENS – MIKE MCGLINCHEY, OT, Notre Dame
The best tackle of the draft can be an anchior for many years in their OL.
17. LA CHARGERS – MAURICE HURST, DT, Michigan
They need help in the interior D-Line and the Michigan product will fit right in.
18. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – JOSHUA JACKSON, CB, Iowa
There is a huge revamp in the defense now that the “Legion of Boom” is officially dismantled. Jackson can be a starter for many years.
19. DALLAS COWBOYS – COURTLAND SUTTON, WR, SMU
They need more weapons for Dak and Sutton can be an instant starter with Dez gone.
20. DETROIT LIONS – DERRIUS GUICE, RB, LSU
An intatn upgrade in the backfield, Guice is a three down back.
21. CINCINNATI BENGALS – WILL HERNANDEZ, G, UTEP
They need help in the OL and Hernandez had an impressive combine to go along with a stong performance on the field.
22. BUFFALO BILLS – MARCUS DAVENPORT, DE, UTSA
With the first pick they took their QB and now they add a pass rusher with a high motor.
23. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – KOLTON MILLER, OT, UCLA
They need a replacement for Nate Solder and Miller can be the one.
24. CAROLINA PANTHERS – JAMES WASHINGTON, WR, Oklahoma St.
Carolina needs a deep threat and the former Cowboy will provide it.
25. TENNESSEE TITANS – BILLY PRICE, C Ohio St.
He can be a starter in the interior for many years to come.
26. ATLANTA FALCONS – TAVEN BRYAN, DT, Florida
They need a good young lineman who will help bolster their running defense.
27. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – DALLAS GODAERT, TE, South Dacota St.
Tight end is a position of need and Godaeet is the best prospect in the draft.
28. PITTSBURGH STEELERS – RASHAAN EVANS, LB, Alabama
Another Saban's product who can play immediately and fill Shazier's void..
29. JACKSONSVILLE JAGUARS – D.J. MOORE, WR, Maryland
They lost Robinson and Hurns so they found a Day 1 starter here.
30. MINNESOTA VIKINGS – CONNOR WILLIAMS, OT, Texas
Their OL was good last year and they try to make it better with the former Longhorn.
31. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – LAMAR JACKSON, QB, Louisville
he is the best athlete in the draft and will have a chance to learn from the best.
32. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES – MIKE HUGHES, CB, UCF
You never have enough corners and Hughes is an intriguing prospect with great upside.